Skillet Pancakes With Honey Thyme Peaches
Puffy and beautifully golden, these pancakes are perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert.
10g unsalted butter
2 1/2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon of lemon juice
1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
1/2 cup ricotta cheese
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup milk
2 large eggs
1 1/2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon salt
30g unsalted butter
For honey thyme peaches:
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over low heat. Add 1 tbsp honey, lemon juice and thyme leaves and warm through for about a minute.
- Strain peaches and add to pan. Mix gently for another minute or two ensuring the peaches are well coated.
- Combine ricotta with remaining honey and serve atop peaches.
- Heat the oven to 200°C. Place the skillet you're using to warm in the oven.
- Make the batter: Combine the eggs, milk, flour, sugar, vanilla, and salt in a blender or food processor. Blend for 20 seconds. The batter will be quite loose and liquid. Rest the batter for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Remove the skillet from the oven carefully and place on top of the stove. Add the butter and swirl the pan to coat the bottom and sides.
- Pour the batter into the skillet, and return to oven and bake for 20 minutes, until the pancakes are puffed and golden.
- Remove pancakes from oven and top with honey thyme peaches and a dusting of confectioners’ sugar.